The Lux Meter Tag uses a high dynamic range light intensity sensor OPT3001 that can measure illuminance from 0.01 to 83,000 lux. This sensor is digital and calibrated. It communicates using an I²C bus and features a very low power operation and shutdown mode.
You can use the sensor to detect day and night or it could be used as auxiliary information about someone’s presence.
- Digital ambient light sensor OPT3001 (TI)
- Communication using the I²C bus
- Measures in the range from 0.01 to 83,000 lux
- 23-bit effective dynamic range
- Optional interrupt output
- Power consumption:
- Active current: 1.8 µA
- Shutdown current: 0.3 µA
- Operating voltage range: 1.6 V to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 70 °C
- Mechanical dimensions: 16 x 16 mm