The CO₂ Module is a gas sensor for measuring the carbon dioxide (CO₂) concentration. This module achieves ±50 ppm accuracy. It uses a non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) sensor manufactured in Sweden. Thanks to its low-power operation it can be powered by batteries for years.
We have equipped the LP8 sensor with additional circuitry for efficient power management and I²C-only interfacing. This module also features three 5-pin sockets allowing you to connect HARDWARIO tags.
Carbon dioxide (or CO₂) is a colorless and odorless gas that is vital to life on Earth. Its nominal concentration is about 400 ppm (0.04 %). There are many occurrences of CO₂ in nature. For example, humans produce CO₂ when exhaling.
- Carbon dioxide (CO₂) sensor LP8 (SenseAir)
- Non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) technology
- Measurement range of CO₂: 0 to 10 000 ppm
- Measurement accuracy: ±50 ppm CO₂ ±3 % of reading (Note 1)
- I²C-only interface (integrated UART bridge and I/O expander)
- Constant current source for 470 mF supercap
- 3 sockets for a HARDWARIO TOWER tag
- Low power consumption:
- 6 µA (6 measurements per hour)
- 61 µA (1 measurement per minute)
- Operating voltage range: 3 V to 3.6 V
- Operating temperature range: 0 to 50 °C
- Mechanical dimensions: 88 x 55 mm