The Battery Module is designed as a power supply source for the battery-operated units. The integrated low-power buck converter provides excellent efficiency from the four AAA 1.5 V Alkaline cells. It also features an extra 5-pin socket where you can connect a HARDWARIO TOWER tag.
If the AAA batteries are not suitable for your application, you can use the external voltage input, which can handle up to 10 V. You can find the external input on the two pins in the middle. These pins are compatible with the popular JST connector used for Lithium batteries.
If you want your device to have a smaller footprint, you can use Mini Battery Module. It will of course last less time because of just 2 batteries.
- High-efficiency buck converter TPS62745 (TI)
- Ultra-low quiescent current: 400 nA
- Recommended battery types:
- 4x AAA 1.5 V Alkaline
- 4x AAA Eneloop NiMH
- Output supply voltage: 3.1 V
- Battery disconnect circuit
- Battery voltage measurement using an ADC input
- Prototyping area for soldering custom circuits
- One extra position for the HARDWARIO tag****
- Operating voltage range: 3.3 to 10 V
- Operating temperature range: -20 to 70 °C
- Mechanical dimensions: 88 x 55 mm